A single sprinkler controls a home fire 90 percent of the time, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), saving a majority of a home’s possessions. In addition, the average fire loss in a house with a sprinkler system is $2,166 as opposed to $45,019 in a home without the protection (Source: Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition).
*Actual home where Senju Sprinklers are installed*
It is inevitable that fire sprinkler systems really help save lives and reduce property damage, but it is not necessary to spend a huge amount of money for installation. Fire sprinkler installations are estimated to make up around 1% of the total building cost, but the pay off far exceeds the cost when a fire situation occurs. In perspective, the cost is similar to having new carpeting installed. Here are some tips about the cost and benefits of fire sprinkler installations:
- Hire a licensed contractor for installation. Although it is tempting to have a do-it-yourself project, it is NOT recommended to install a fire sprinkler system by oneself. There are NFPA Codes/ Standards that have to be followed and materials which needs to be approved so it is best to leave the safe and proper installation to a professional.
- The cost of installing home fire sprinklers averages $1.35 per sprinklered square foot for new construction, according to a Home Fire Sprinkler Cost Assessment report from the Fire Protection Research Foundation (Source: AFSA).
- A home that has fire sprinklers installed is actually worth more than one without.
- Fire sprinkler installations also provide discounts on insurance premiums.
- Sprinklers reduce the amount of water used to fight a fire by up to 90 percent as well as water and air pollution generated by a fire (Source).
Other projects by American Fire Protection Systems using Senju Sprinkler: